ACA Power Point Presentation
On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the health care reform bill, known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or Affordable Care Act (ACA), into law. The Affordable Care Act makes sweeping changes to the U.S. health care system.
For this assignment, I would like you to present on the Affordable Care Act by completing a narrated PowerPoint presentation. Some of the items to consider including in your presentation include:
– History of the Act (brief, 1-2 slides)
– Major provisions found in the Act.
– Timeline of implementation of the Act.
– Describe the importance of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) found in the Act.
– How does the ACA affect reimbursement for healthcare organizations (this one is important).
– Any other pertinent information that you feel would be important to share.
STEPS FOR SUCCESS
You will paraphrase the information you find (put it in your own words – DO NOT PLAGIARIZE!) and create a narrated PowerPoint presentation using PowerPoint 2007 or later that describes the Affordable Care Act. You should include:
– A title on the first slide of your presentation.
– The PowerPoint presentation should be between 10 and 12 full slides (not including the title slide and the reference slide). Include your presentation narration in the notes section under the slide (what you plan to say when you narrate your presentation).
– The narration should be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
– Follow the 7 x 7 Rule – No More than 7 words on a line and no more than 7 lines on a slide.
– All information must be in your own words – Please paraphrase and do not plagiarize! Include a reference slide at the end of your presentation (you do not need to dictate anything on this slide). All references must be cited in APA format. Use only reputable sources in your presentation (no Wikipedia, no blogs, no bulletin boards, no editorial opinions, etc.).