Digestion and Nutrition
Answer the following questions with the best answer. You can use any resource but your words must be your own.
1. It is lunch time- yah! You take a bite of your tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread. Yum. How does digestion begin in your mouth (4 points)
2. Your food enters your stomach. How does the stomach digest the food (4 points)
3. Now your food leaves your stomach and begins to enter the small intestine. As it enters, the pancreas secretes enzymes. What role does the pancreas play in digestion (4 points)
4. Your sandwich now enters your small intestine. What role does the small intestine play in the digestion of your sandwich (4 points)
5. How do carbohydrates, proteins and lipids cross the cells in the small intestine and enter the blood or lymph (5 points)
6. Your friend told you that he would like to lose weight. What would determine the amount of calories needed to maintain someone s weight What is needed, then, to lose weight Would you recommend a diet for him to follow Which one and why (4 points)