Compare Neoclassicism and Romanticism as styles and sensibilities.
following questions after reading Chapter 12, watching the video, and exploring the sites above.
- Heroism, nationalism, and passion are themes associated with Romanticism. Which three landmarks of the nineteenth century are most representative of these themes? You can discuss art, philosophy, or literature.
- Compare Neoclassicism and Romanticism as styles and sensibilities. What do their differences reflect about patronage, popular taste, and historical change? Provide specific examples from the chapters.
- From the arts of West Africa, what are some characteristics of African cultural heritage?
- How did their religious beliefs influence their art and music.
Watch video below
Manet – Déjeuner sur l’herbe – If you cannot see this video, click https://youtu.be/3xBGF8H3bQ4
- Viewers of Manet’s Déjeuner sur l’herbe initially responded to its public display by attacking the canvas with their umbrellas. Why?
- What kind of art has evoked a comparable response in our own time? Do some research online. Find a recent work of art that caused controversy. Summarize the reasons for the controversy and your reaction to it. Try not post the same article as someone else. (This board is not POST FIRST, so you will be able to see what others have posted right away.) If you can, attach a picture of the image you are describing to your posting.
Watch the video below. If you cannot see the video, click here: https://youtu.be/XyLNPumMMTs
George Braque, Violin and Pitcher, (1909)
• Pablo Picasso, Guernica, (1937)
• Marcel Duchamp, Nude Descending a Staircase, (1912)
Respond in writing to the following question after reading Chapter 14 in your text, watching the video above, viewing the Web Assignments, and the sites above.
- Describe how they three have departed from styles such as symbolism and impressionism of the late nineteenth century.
Take some time to reflect on all we have covered in this course. Then, respond in writing to the following question.
- After your experience in this course, describe why you feel the humanities are important.
The post Compare Neoclassicism and Romanticism as styles and sensibilities. appeared first on best homeworkhelp.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"