conflict or crisis that was part of this cold war strategy.
Cold War was between United States and its allies Versus the Soviet Union, and its allies/clients would dominate international issue for the next 4 decades.
Example 2) The crisis that was also an issue for the United States was the Korea and Cuban missile crisis, the Korean War which was instigated by North Korea, when it invaded its democratic neighbors. The United States then sent troops to aid South Korea, viewing the war as an ideological fight against communism.
1) The Unites States cold war strategy in addition to the stick of military containment as expounded in the National Security Act of 1947, Americans offered a carrot to the contested states of Europe who might choose one side over the other. In 1947 Truman appealed to congress to aid nations that might be susceptible to communist infiltration. Truman developed the idea with the TRUMAN DOCTRINE. Which offered to support Greece, and Turkey with money and arms if they would forgo Russian assistance.
1A) The Korean War : The Korean War was fought between South Korea and communist North Korea. It was the first major conflict of the cold war, as the Soviet Union supported North Korea and the United States supported South Korea.
Here are five(5) important lessons from the Cold War, lessons that should be guiding contemporary U.S. foreign policy.
SPOILER ALERT: #45 (President Trump) has been ignoring or violating every one of them
Yesterday’s Cold War Shows How to Beat China Today.
1) Make sure you have the right allies
2) Investing in science, technology, and education pays off.
3) Greater openness, transparency, accountability gave the United States an important advantage
4) Playing rope – a dope (i.e., letting the Soviet Union squander resources in strategically marginal areas) was a smart strategy.
5) Nice countries finish first.
” THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR, IS FEAR ITSELF”
Franklin D. Roosevelt.
FDR was telling the American people that our fear was making things worse. “Nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.”
The post conflict or crisis that was part of this cold war strategy. appeared first on best homeworkhelp.