Allocation (40 points)
We are implementing a distributed database for a business. The database schema is in the appendix. The business is located in five different locations (located in DEPT_LOCATIONS table).
Based on the fragments you created in question 1 from homework 1, explain the following:
- What considerations must be made to allocate this data?
- What information do we need to perform a proper analysis of allocation?
- Why would we allocate to site X as opposed to site Y?
2.) Bottom Up Design (10 points)
- We discussed three steps in generating the global conceptual schema.
- Why can we not match and map at the same time?
- Why are they different steps?
3.) Query Processing (50 points)
- Explain why processing is a necessary step in databases.
- Why do we need to translate our SQL into relational algebra?
- Why not allow database programmers to write directly in relational algebra instead of SQL?
- How does distributed processing differ from centralized processing?
The post Database Systems appeared first on best homeworkhelp.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"