Information Literacy Lesson 3
- What is the style for introducing a direct quote in APA?
A. Don’t use any identifying information in the paper or project.
B. Use a signal phrase, along with the year of publication in parentheses.
C. Use a signal phrase with only the author’s name in parentheses.
D. Use a signal phrase with the publication name and date accessed in parentheses.
- Purdue University’s Online writing Lab (OWL) is a tool that
A. is free to use and offers support for all facets of writing, from basic grammar and punctuation to MLA and APA citation and
B. provides instruction to only Purdue University students in all areas of writing from the writing process to research methods.
C. is published by the Council of Science Editors and is used for research writing in science and related fields.
D. helps you create your bibliographies and generates a complete list of resources you’ve used.
- Which of the following sentences is true?
A. Even if the information has been restated in your own words and sentence structure, you still need to use a citation.
B. Fair use permits an individual to make multiple copies of a periodical article for other people.
C. Patents protect symbols, a word or phrase, and names used by a particular company that represent the company or a
D. Plagiarism doesn’t include paraphrasing someone else’s words without giving proper credit.
- A bibliography is necessary because it provides a method for
A. your readers to find your sources for themselves.
B. using a bibliographic generator.
C. organizing your research journal.
D. keeping track of what sources you don’t want to use in your research project.
- Although online bibliographic generators are generally accurate, it’s always best practice to verify the
accuracy of the citations by
A. copying the citation styles used in other authors’ bibliographies.
B. borrowing real-life examples of research in your given field of study.
C. comparing various citation styles and using whichever one makes the most sense.
D. using Purdue University and Long Island University’s online writing labs.
- The symbol ® means the __ is registered.
B. fair use work
- What is the definition of a trademark?
A. A type of protection that concerns inventions and processes and excludes others from trying to market, produce, and sell
B. A legal process that covers symbols, a word or phrase and names used by a particular company to represent the company or
C. A legal process that covers published and unpublished works
D. A type of protection that allows you to make copies of an author’s work for educational purposes
- When citing, you must provide _ to tell your readers exactly what information you borrowed
from your sources.
A. your notecards
B. a bibliography page
C. your research journal
D. in-text citations
- Penn Foster’s Academic Integrity policy can be viewed in
A. your course syllabi.
B. your course.
C. your email feeds.
D. Penn Foster’s Undergraduate Catalog and Student Handbook.
- Which of the following elements should be placed first in a bibliographic citation?
A. Place of publication
B. Date of publication
- To which of the following does copyright protection not apply?
The post Information Literacy Lesson 3 appeared first on best homeworkhelp.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"