Mitigating Legal Issues
As you are reviewing the growth of your selected company, you are noticing how diversity and sexual harassment issues are impacting the overall company culture. You want to make sure that your friend is not vulnerable to any legal issues that could jeopardize the survivability of the company. You realize that you may need to start implementing a few policies now instead of waiting until the HR department has been fully materialized. You will also need to communicate the policies to the managers, staff and employees of your selected company.
1. Create a diversity policy for your selected company to mitigate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, etc. and to promote a diverse workplace. Note: Use the following samples as guidance.
Hint: Review the sample diversity policy
Hint: Review the Sample Human Resources Policies, Checklists, Forms, and Procedures, or use a sample policy from a company you are familiar with as guidance.
2. Create a sexual harassment policy for your selected company to address a sexual harassment complaint. Cover both quid pro quo and hostile work environment types of harassment in your policy.
Hint: Review “Sample Policy 1: Sexual Harassment”
Hint: Review the Sample Human Resources Policies, Checklists, Forms, and Procedures, located at , or use a sample policy from a company you are familiar with as guidance.
Hint: Review the article titled “How to address an employee sexual harassment complaint”
3. Use the Diversity or Sexual Harassment Training Plan template to develop a training plan to communicate one (1) of the policies you created (the diversity policy or the sexual harassment policy) to the company’s managers, staff and employees.
Note: The completed Training Plan should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this assignment.
Hint: Review the article titled “How Do I Plan a Human Resource Training Program in an Organization Setting”
4. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
5. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Develop human resource policies and practices that foster an appreciation for multiple cultures, ethnicities, and other diverse populations.
Describe key laws governing employment and the required compliance for organizations.
Use communication skills to effectively convey human resource policies and practices throughout the organization.
Demonstrate an ability to motivate individuals and teams toward organizational goals through the application of human resource initiatives and policies.
Review the human resource management function of training and development and the function’s importance to business strategy.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.