Topic: Privacy and Practice: Accreditation, Regulation and Certification
1. Understand how Health Information Technology (HIT) may affect the Patient Bill of Rights, and Privacy/Confidentiality Laws.
2. Understand how licensure regulations may impact the discipline.
1. Health Law & Medical Ethics for Healthcare Professionals. Author James F. Allen Jr. Chapters 3-5
2. Medical law and Ethics 5th Edition. Author Bonnie F. Fremgen Chapters 9; 10
3. Whitman, M.E.(2003). Enemy at the gate: Threats to information security. Communications of the ACM, 46(8): 91-91
4. United States Government Accountability Office. (2007). Health information technology: Efforts Continue but Comprehensive Privacy Approach Needed for National Strategy. GAO-07-988T.
1. Do you think all healthcare professionals should be required to obtain a license of some kind
2. How is the public protected from breaches of confidentiality by unlicensed person (who is legally responsible, etc.)
*Instructions for writing*
1. For a page with 1 inch margins, 12 point Times New Roman font, and minimal spacing elements, a good rule of thumb is 500 words for a double spaced paper. A separate reference page is required
2. Points will be deducted for misspellings, grammatical errors, generally poor writing(e.g poor syntax), and especially poor or non-use of APA Format. Keep in mind requirements to avoid plagiarism.
Content- 2 double-spaced Pages(approx. 5oo words) Sustantial content with analysis is presented; Evidence of relevant, complete, accurately interpreted research; Adequate synthesis within space limits. Advanced understanding of information demonstrated ny original conclusions or interpretations; Oringinal ideas are cited using APA format without errors;
Reference page- Narrative citations and Reference page contain no APA Format violations, or other errors
Writing Mechanics- No errors in English syntax; grammer, spelling, punction & sentence structure; Superior professional writing skills