Strategic International Alliances
An issue facing many multinationals today is how to compete in an increasingly competitive global market. Whether a small company or one of the giants, staying competitive means constantly re-accessing marketing strategies. How product, promotion, distribution, and pricing strategies evolve in international marketing is dependent on the approach to internationalization the company takes. Of the three operating concepts that characterize a company’s international orientation, Domestic Market Extension Concept, Multidomestic Market Concept, or Global Market Concept, the main focus of this chapter and the text is on the Global Market Concept. I believe that regardless of the size of a company or in how many countries it operates, it should have a global orientation. The teaching objectives of this chapter are to:
1) Present the operating concepts an international company may have and explore the idea of global marketing management.
2) Discuss the benefits of global orientation.
3) Stress the importance of quality and cost containment in global marketing competition.
4) Examine the different types of collaborative relationships and show how these alliances are being embraced by international companies.
5) Focus on relationship marketing and strategic international alliances as two important types of collaborative relationships for the global marketer.
6) Stress the need for strategic planning to achieve company goals.
Comments and Suggestions
I. Global Marketing Management
A. Global Marketing Management
B. Benefits of a Global Orientation
II. Planning for Global Markets
A. Company Objectives and Resources
B. International Commitment
C. The Planning Process
III. Alternative Market-Entry Strategies
B. Contractual Agreements
C. Strategic International Alliances (SIA)
D. Direct Foreign Investment
IV. Organizing for Global Competition
A. Locus of Decision
B. Centralized versus Decentralized Organizations
The post Strategic International Alliances appeared first on best homeworkhelp.