What were the Crusades?
Why was it used? What is its importance in medieval art? Give two specific examples of medieval iconography.
- What are the three main characteristics of the Gothic cathedral? What were their functions? Name two Gothic cathedrals.
- What changes in society and culture resulted from the rise of medieval towns?
- Summarize the role and influence of the Roman Catholic Church in medieval life.
- Name at least 3 characteristics of medieval art? Look at the Domenico di Michelino Dante and His Poem and the CimabueMadonna Enthroned.
- Look on the internet and find several pictures from the Book of Kells. What is it? What type of genre does it represent? What non-Christian influences are apparent in the artwork?
- What were the Crusades? Discuss the economic impact of the Crusades and pilgrimages.
- What role did music play in the medieval culture – secular and religious? Provide at least 2 specific examples. How did medieval chant become the basis of the western music tradition?
The post What were the Crusades? appeared first on best homeworkhelp.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"