what were the trade-offs you considered?
Once you complete the simulation exercise, provide a brief write-up for the questions given below and submit the same in BB Vista.
Review the questions before you start the simulation and take notes as you play the simulation so that it would be easy for you do the write-up. Also, taking notes would help you better respond to questions that the virtual board members may ask about your choices.
The four excel record sheets uploaded in the week’s folder should be useful in helping you jot down the reasons for the choices you make (submit these also).
1) Option Choice: How did you think about which options to choose? (think about this in terms of: what criteria did you use to select options? what were the trade-offs you considered? what analyses did you conduct?)
2) Forecast Room: What did you use for your forecast?
3) Production Room: How did you decide which suppliers to use? When is it worth choosing a close plant costing an additional $10 per unit? For long lead time plants, is it worth it to pay an extra $1 million to save 1 month in lead time? For short lead time plants, it is worth it to pay an extra $1 million for an incremental capacity of 4000 per month?
4) Production Room: How did you think about setting the initial production levels?
5) Production Room: How did you decide whether to issue production change orders? How did you think about the value of the adjusting production levels compared to the $2 million cost?
6) Production Room: Did you invest in the Celldex show? How did you think about the value of the information compared to the $2 million cost?
The post what were the trade-offs you considered? appeared first on best homeworkhelp.